About our environmental policy
At Acies we are justly proud of our part in enhancing the built environment, but we are also aware of the impact our professional work has on the natural environment.
Acies operates an Environmental Management System accredited to ISO 14001:2015.
It is our policy to work closely with our clients and take all reasonable steps to minimise impact on the environment while improving the environmental performance of projects we are involved in.
This is our policy:
- Specify materials with a low environmental impact and avoid the use of hazardous materials.
- Consider energy efficiency and waste management.
- Look to ensure flexibility of use in buildings.
- Use green travel plan arrangements where possible.
- Positively encourage the recycling of materials where appropriate.
- Specify sustainable building materials.
- Positively encourage our people to consider and become well informed about environmental implications.
Our policy in action
Acies has worked on a number of projects which achieved BREEAM ‘Excellent’ ratings, including the National Express facility in Digbeth, Birmingham, which was the first UK coach station to achieve this rating. The part refurb, part new build facility for National Express, also includes office accommodation for the company and a variety of retail and catering outlets.
A prestigious new office building in Bothwell Street, Glasgow has achieved the BREEAM Excellent rating, as well as winning a regional award from the British Council for Offices.
Acies has also worked on a number of bespoke residential projects for private individuals, where environmental and sustainability considerations have been prioritised by our clients. This is to the benefit of their local area, but also brings about long term savings in energy use.